Diseases are less in quails, compared to other poultry birds. But you have to take good care and manage them properly, to keep them free from all types of diseases or illness. Good care and management is a must for profitable quail farming business. Generally they are not provided any disease preventive vaccines. Quail chicks can’t tolerate weather change, and sudden temperature change. So they get affected by disease, if they experience sudden temperature or weather changes. Be very careful during this period. Following diseases are very harmful for the quails.
- If the quails get affected by coccidiosis disease, serve them coaxial 20 by mixing with water (two grams per litter) for three days. Otherwise feed this according to the advice of a veterinarian.
- Mix one gram streptomycin with one litter water and serve it to the quails for three days. This will stop ulcerative enteritis disease.
Hygienic Quail Farming Tips
To keep your quails healthy and productive, follow the hygienic quail farming methods which are mentioned below.
- Always try to keep their house dry and clean.
- Ensure proper movement of light and air inside their house.
- Keep different aged quails separated from each other.
- Separate the disease affected quails from the healthy one.
- Burn the dead bird or put under soil.
- Don’t allow other birds, animals or unknown persons enter inside your farm quail house.
- Ensure hygienic and balanced feed supply.
- Provide adequate fresh and clean water according to their demand.
Quail meat and eggs are very tasty and highly enriched with nutrient elements. So there is already an established market for quail products. As quail birds and their eggs are small in size, so it is cheap in price and all types of people can purchase. So you don’t have to worry much about marketing your products. You can easily sell the eggs and meat in your local market. But it will be better if you determine your marketing strategies before starting this business. Because all places around the world have not the same marketing facilities.
In a word, quail farming is playing an important role for fulfilling the daily family nutrition demands and earning livings. And commercial quail farming can be a great source of employment, and earning some extra income along with your current job or profession. Quail farming is also very entertaining and it is very easy to raise some quails. If you intend to join this business venture, then try to visit some farms in your area. And finally do it.